How does it work?
Zen Shiatsu is a unique form of Japanese bodywork therapy that provides clients with a complete healing experience, deep relaxation, and effective treatment of clinical issues. Zen Shiatsu integrates the ancient knowledge of Chinese Medicine, as acupuncture without needles, with the deep musculoskeletal healing of massage and energetic harmonization central to Qi cultivation through the use of applied finger pressure along the meridians, or lines of energy in the body, specific acu-point treatment, gentle stretching, guided breathwork and dynamic movement. Shiatsu engages the parasympathetic nervous system, the body’s Rest and Restore mode which helps regenerate tissues, allowing you experience a shift from stress to relaxation and restoration of Vital Energy. During our first session, we will assess what your goals are and can determine the best treatment options to deliver you lasting results. Zen Shiatsu clients experience the natural processes of healing amplified, even in long-standing conditions, finding relief, revitalization, and balance.
The way Shiatsu is most effective is when clients come with specific goals in mind for treatment. If you don’t already know what your treatment goals would be, I can help you with that. A treatment plan generally consists of 3-6 weekly sessions, based on what’s needed for each individual and the progress that results from each session. This is the best approach when it comes to treating physical pain, chronic conditions and disease-states, and healing from emotional or traumatic experiences. I often treat clients who are in relatively perfect health and benefit from receiving Shiatsu to relax a bit more, for athletic performance enhancement, to develop their self-cultivation and self-care practices, or for injury recovery. My practice is clinical, so I tend to work with clients to set tangible goals for consecutive treatments. We track treatment from week to week and see how you progress, making adjustments along the way to accommodate the changes over time. In the end, we hope to see we’ve reached your goals for treatment and are happier and healthier than before you started with Shiatsu.
Benefits of Zen Shiatsu
Shiatsu is beneficial in relieving a variety of common ailments and is excellent in treating general stress and supporting a sense of wellbeing.
- Alleviate and may be able to completely eliminate muscular tension, aches and pains, including backache, neck and shoulder stiffness, joint pain, and limited mobility
- Improve range of motion and enhance performance
- Promote heightened quality of sleep for insomnia or sleep difficulties
- Relieve stress by facilitating the deep relaxation, calm the mind, ease the fluctuation of emotions, help release trauma, anxiety, and depression
- Assist in rebalancing emotional responses
- Relieve headaches
- Harmonize digestive imbalances
- Ease menstrual and menopausal complaints, balancing the reproductive system
- Support the health of women during pregnancy
- Lower blood pressure
- Promote the healing process in muscular sprains and strains
- Increase circulation in the body
- Open sinus congestion, relieve cold and flu symptoms
What to Expect During a Treatment
60-min Zen Shiatsu treatments are $100.
Three-session packages of 60-min sessions are available for $255 ($85 per session).
90-min Shiatsu and Wellness Consultation sessions are $135.
120-min Complete Consultations are $155.
Entryway at HoloBeing Healing Arts Center – Boulder practice location
Treatment room at Zen Shiatsu Chicago – Chicago practice location